Welcome to the Palm Beach County Chapter of The USBC

<< Bowl for the Cure Feb. 24th & 25th Verdes >>


Help Cure Breast Cancer

1 in 8 women will be diagnosed with invasive breast cancer.

More women die from breast cancer then from any other disease except lung cancer.

Susan Komen was one of those women. Because of this, her sister started the Susan G Komen foundation to cure breast cancer AND IT IS WORKING. Since 1989 there has been a 38% decline in the death rate from breast cancer. If it is detected early, there is an almost 100% chance of survival.

You can join the fight.

The eighth annual Bowl for the cure doubles tournament will be held at Verdes Tropicana Feb.. 24th and 25th. All proceeds from this tournament will be given to the Susan G Koman foundation. 25% of this money goes for research, some of it at the University of Miami and the Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville. The other 75% stays in south Florida to help local women get mammograms and other cancer treatments.

This tournament is open to all adult USBC members from any association. The team can be comprised of any 2 people, male or female.

Susan G Komen
Bowl for the Cure
Verdes Tropicana
Feb. 24th And 25th

Click Here for an Entry Form






28th and 29th 298/299 Awarded

Ed Orell Receiving his 299 ring from Dave Sharp

(One more to go)

Two Bowlers bowled scores of 299 without ever having previously bowler an honor score with a ring as an option.This brings the total of rings bought by your association to 31.

On September 1st, Robert Meeks bowled a 299 in the Pinticklers league at Verdes Tropicana.

Ed Orell bowled his 299 Sept. 28th in the Thursday 4's league at Greenacres Bowl.

I'm sorry that it took so long to recognize these achievements but I was waiting for pictures which never came. If someone could send a picture of one or both of these gentlemen it would make the left side of the post look much nicer. Click here for the email address to send the picture.

Your association will purchase a ring for any USBC member in good standing who has never in his or her lifetime had an honor score where a ring is an option. Remember to let your secretary know if you qualify for this award.

To see all Recipients Click Here

County Record Tied
On March 8th in the Suncoast Scratch Trio League at Verdes Tropicana the Un Adjustables tied the county record for a 3 game series by bowling a score of 2180. The team and their scores are:
Daniel Payne   246 249 235   760
Chris Gross      242 199 255   696
Mike Romano 227 220 277   724
The members of the team that bowled the first 2180 were Jim Vernon, Jimmy Keeth and Wayne Wurster. They bowled their record score at Greenacres Bowl.
To see all the records Click Here



250 Club:
If you are a man and bowled a 250 or better, you can become a member of the 250 Bowlers Club of Palm Beach County. The club has tournaments every other month rotating through the houses in the county. The format alternates between singles and mixed doubles i.e. man & women. The singles event is for 250 club members only but the women in the doubles can be any female bowler. On occasion, the club teams up with the women's 225 club for the tournament. The club uses the money raised in these tournaments to award a scholarship to a YOUTH bowler. A dinner is held at the end of the year at a local establishment. The dues are $15 a year and you must bowl in at least one tournament. If you need more information email Mark Sapsford at pbc250club@gmail.com Click Here for an Application.

The club has scholarships for students who will be graduating this year. To apply for a scholarship Click here for an application.

Women who bowled a 225 may join the 225 club. The application fee is $15. Dues are $10. Like the men, you must bowl in one tournament a year.Click here for an applcation



Palm Beach County USBC

3951 Haverhill Rd N Ste 210,

West Palm Beach, FL 33417 (561) 640-4683

Site Map


Current Events Tournament Info Secretaries Bowling Centers Board of Directors Youth Cornerr Year Book
|  General Information
|    Ave. Records etc
|    County Records
|    Hall of Fame
|    Tournament Champs
|     League Abbreviations
|     Averages      
|     Secretaries
|  FL State Men
|  Fl State Women
|  Fl State Youth

Contact Us

Palm Beach County USBC - Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved